From 2nd January 2019
From January 2nd 2019 there will be changes to some of our prices. This is due to the continued and significant investment in our fleet, technology, green engineering and further expansion of our service. In 2019 our fleet will increase to 19 boats calling at 23 piers, with the arrival of Royal Wharf Pier in the autumn as an extension of RB1 in the East Zone.
- The Central, East, Central & East and All Zones fares will increase. This change affects the Standard fare, the Oyster/Online/App fare and the discounted Travelcard, Child and Freedom Pass fares for these Zones
- The River Roamer fares will increase
- After more than three years of frozen season ticket prices, these will have to be increased for the first time since September 2015. For our regular travellers, our season tickets still continue to offer the best value for money, offering a saving of up to 71%* with the annual option. A single journey can work out as little as £1.44** a journey with the annual option.
You might be surprised to know just how favourably we compare on season ticket travel, depending on your start location (saving up to £723.60 a year!)
The West Zone and Central & West Zone fares will not be changing until April 2019.
Following customer feedback, we are introducing new cost saving fares for 2019 including:
- NEW carnet tickets: 10 pre-paid journeys for the price of 9, available for purchase via the MBNA Thames Clippers app
- NEW cheaper Standard walk-up return fare, making a return journey cheaper than two Adult Single journeys
Buying online in advance also continues to offer the best value for Standard River Roamer and Family River Roamer tickets, with a saving of 10%.
For a family of up to five, the Family River Roamer ticket offers excellent value: up to 3 children (5-15 years old) travel for free with two adults.
Children under 5 years old continue to travel for free as standard.
The above changes will come into effect on January 2nd 2019.
* Travelling on a Central and East Zone Only annual season ticket, compared with purchasing Adult Standard return tickets for 261 working days of the year.
**Based on two journeys across 261 working days of the year, travelling on a West Zone Only annual season ticket.
And don't forget: from the 24th December 2018 until 1st January 2019, we'll be operating a Festive Timetable.