Fares from 5 March 2023
From Sunday 5 March 2023 there will be changes to some of our fares; some prices will increase while others will be frozen and even reduced.
With the ongoing inflation and associated higher operational costs, we remain committed to protecting our regular users for as long as we can.
Fares being frozen or reduced
- Weekly season tickets for the Central, East, West, Central & East, Central & West and All Zones have been frozen.
- Monthly and annual season tickets for the Central, East, West, Central & East and All Zones have been frozen. Monthly and annual for the Central & West fares have decreased to align with the Central & East Zone price.
- Flex 4 and 6 ticket carnet prices have been frozen.
- The Flex 10 ticket carnet price has decreased by an average of 3.1% and users will get 10 tickets for the price of 8 (currently 10 tickets for the price of 9).
- Cross River Fare remains at £3.80 making it a cost and time effective way to cross the Thames between Barking Riverside and Woolwich (Royal Arsenal); Greenland (Surrey Quays) and Canary Wharf; Doubletree Docklands and Canary Wharf.
- Single and Return fares for the Central, East, West, Central & East, Central & West and All Zones will increase by an average of 9.3%. This change affects the standard fare at the pier, the Oyster/contactless/online and app fare.
- All Zone River Roamer and East Zone River Roamer tickets will increase by an average of 12%. This change affects the Standard fare as well as the online and app fare.
- The price of the Flex 20 ticket carnet is increasing by an average of 1.8% but so too does its value: users will get 20 tickets for the price of 15 (currently 20 tickets for the price of 16).
Offering value for money
For our regular travellers, our season tickets continue to offer the best value for money, offering a saving of up to 73%*. A single journey can work out as little as £1.61** a journey with the annual option. And by committing to an annual rather than buying monthly season tickets, over a 12-month period this could effectively save you the cost of more than 2 months’ travel***
Our best cost-saving fares include
- Flexible Carnet tickets: 4, 6, 10 and 20 pre-paid tickets, available via the Thames Clippers Tickets app and the Uber app. The price per journey can be up to 25% cheaper compared with paying by Contactless or Oyster card to pay-as-you-go.
- For a family of up to five, the Family River Roamer ticket continues to offer excellent value: up to 3 children (5-15 years old) travel for free with two adults. Buy online or via the Thames Clippers Tickets app or Uber app for a 10% saving.
- Children aged 4 years and under continue to travel for free as standard.
Please click below to see the new prices that will come into effect on 5 March 2023.
Fares from 5 March
*Travelling on a Central, Central & East or Central & West Zone annual season ticket, compared with purchasing Adult Standard return tickets for 261 working days of the year.
**Based on two journeys across 261 working days of the year, travelling on a West or East Zone annual season ticket.
***Purchasing an annual versus 12 monthly season tickets for any of our zones except All Zones. Savings range between 1.78-2.25 months’ saving when purchasing an annual versus 12 monthly season tickets for the same Zone.