Uber Boat by Thames Clippers are committed to the health and safety of our staff and passengers. We returned to service on Monday 15 June and have implemented social distancing measures at all operating piers and on board our vessels.
Please note that social distancing guidelines have altered since this video was produced. New social distancing guidance recommends a 1 metre minimum distance.
Please follow these guidelines to travel safely:
Safety measures at our piers
- All passengers must wear a face covering to travel by public transport, as required by government guidelines
- We are implementing social distancing at our piers. Signage and where possible, floor markings guide passengers on how to queue, board and disembark safely.
- Uber Boat by Thames Clippers will only accept cashless payments for the foreseeable future
- Tickets for travel should be pre-purchased as usual via our tickets app (including season tickets and carnets) or online at booking.thamesclippers.com. You are still able to travel by touching in/out using Contactless or Oyster to pay as you go or by using the ticket machines or the ticket office at manned piers
- Regular cleaning takes place throughout the day at Uber Boat by Thames Clippers' ticket offices using disinfectant spray
Safety measures on board our vessels
- Passengers are able to board our vessel with our usual “touch-free” experience. Social distancing has been implemented on board. Floor markings and blocked-off seats clearly indicate where passengers can sit to maintain social distancing
- Vessel capacities have been reduced to accommodate social distancing. This has enabled us to carry more bicycles than we would ordinarily be able to carry; between 15-20 bikes per sailing, subject to the vessel type. This is a doubling of bike capacity in some cases
- Five hand sanitiser stations (over 60% alcohol-based) have been added on board every vessel. Onboard facilities enable passengers to wash their hands, with NHS posters displaying the correct hand-washing procedure
- Safe procedures are in place to allow fresh air to pass through the cabin whilst the boat is underway
- Alternatively, passengers still have the option to sit on the outside back deck
- Touch points and surfaces on board are regularly wiped down with cleaning wipes during service, and every vessel is deep-cleaned overnight
- In addition to the daily touchpoint cleaning, the vessels are disinfected using an electrostatic spray during out of service periods during the day (when no passengers or crew are present) as well as nightly.The cabin doors are opened during this time to allow good ventilation.
- There are no hazardous ingredients in the sprays used so the cabin is safe to enter immediately after use
- The onboard café/bar is open and following governmental guidance.
- A number of safety measures are in place: clear glass screens protect staff and customers at the till only cashless payments are accepted our click & collect service is available via a smartphone at thegoodtill.com/thamesclippers
- We are not currently selling hot or cold sandwiches but other packaged cakes and snacks are available
- Clear markings on the deck indicate where customers should stand
- Regular cleaning will continue on board with cleaning cloths disposed of after use
Safety precautions for our staff
Detailed operational workplace procedures have been put in place for all staff - see this internal video from our Fleet Operations team.
- PPE is provided for all staff at the start of each shift. Our onboard staff are required to wear a face mask (surgical/civil 3-ply), with the option of gloves and safety glasses, since they are unable to social distance from each other during the boarding process and whilst navigating on the bridge. Clear guidelines have been provided for safe PPE disposal.
- All staff complete a health questionnaire when they arrive at work
- Staff are being encouraged to travel to work via their own means of transport, cycling or walking, and to avoid public transport where possible. Uber Boat by Thames Clippers has established enough onsite parking for all staff
- Staggered start and finish times are being considered at Uber Boat by Thames Clippers’ sites in order to reduce congestion and contact.
- From Saturday 4 July, the 2 metre safe-distance rule was reduced to 1 metre with mitigation. Staff should still mantain the 2-metres safe distance where possible; if this cannot be achieved, they should remain 1 metre apart and wear face masks.
We will continue to keep you updated regarding our services. For the latest news and updates about our services please check the links below.