All of the lights with 2FOR1 River RoamersEnds 26 Jan 2020 at 11:59 PM
From Battersea Power Station to Canary Wharf - unlock the city's illuminations by boat
Bright lights are being lit across the big city this month and Thames Clippers is the best way to see them all! Glistening displays along our routes include:
→ The Light Festival at Battersea Power Station
Lighting the fuse of this season of switch-ons, Battersea Power Station's Light Festival shines brightly beside the Thames until Sunday 16 February. The inaugural Light Festival at Battersea Power Station premiers installations by international artists and has been curated by the experts behind the Amsterdam Light Festival.
Nearest pier: Battersea Power Station
→ Tate Britain's Winter Commission
Anne Hardy presents a post-apocalyptic Winter Commission on Tate Britain's famous façade. The Depth of Darkness, the Return of the Light features broken columns, melting ice and an immersive soundtrack, all inspired by the winter solstice. Tate Britain's Winter Commission is on display until Sunday 26 January.
Nearest pier: Millbank
→ Southbank Centre's Winter Festival
The riverfront is a blaze of lights for Southbank Centre's Winter Festival. Featuring family-friendly shows, pop-up markets, comedy, cabaret and sparkling lights, the Winter Festival ends on Sunday 26 January.
Nearest pier: London Eye (Waterloo)
→ Canary Wharf's Winter Lights
Heading eastwards, you can glide through the brilliantly lit first four bridges of the Illuminated River project on your way to see the Winter Lights at Canary Wharf. Now in its sixth year, Canary Wharf's Winter Lights comprises 25 unique and iconic lighting designs illuminating the world-famous business district every evening Thursday 16 - Saturday 25 January.
Nearest pier: Canary Wharf
10 days to explore London's winter light festivals
So how can you get around London's magnificent light displays? By river with a hop-on, hop-off ticket of course!
Get 2FOR1 River Roamers when you book online to travel between Thursday 16 and Sunday 26 January 2020 (inclusive). Enter the code LIGHT20 at the checkout to enjoy hop-on, hop-off river travel all day, and see all the lights and all the sights along the way.
Discount code: LIGHT20
You can also get the 2FOR1 River Roamer tickets on the Thames Clippers Tickets app. Select your starting and destination pier (but you can use the tickets across all of our network) > 'Daily Hop On /Off River Roamer' > '2FOR1 Winter Lights Adult River Roamer'. Don't forget to activate your tickets before boarding.
Want to take a more in-depth look at London's lights?
If you would like to learn more about London's bridges and the on-going project to illuminate them, our hugely popular Official Illuminated River Guided Boat Tours are back for 2020. Join us and City of London Guides to discover the history of the landmark crossings and how they are being transformed by light and combined into the world's longest piece of public art.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 2FOR1 offer must be redeemed online for Adult River Roamers only travelling between Thursday 16 and Sunday 26 January 2020 inclusive. This offer cannot be redeemed at our ticket offices or machines.
- Add 2 River Roamer tickets to the basket and enter code LIGHT20 in the "Discount Codes" field at the checkout to receive one of the River Roamer tickets for free.
- A maximum of one complimentary ticket can be claimed per transaction.
- River Roamer tickets can be used for unlimited all-day travel on Thames Clippers’ River Bus services. Tickets are not valid on the River Bus Express (RBX) service for events at The O2.
- River Roamer tickets cannot be used on the Illuminated River Boat Tours.
- Thames Clippers reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend this promotion and/or review and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice.
- All travel is subject to our Conditions of Carriage.