Happy Birthday MBNA Thames ClippersEnds 24 May 2019 at 11:59 PM
20 years of Thames Clippers
On 24 May 1999, Storm Clipper made her first run between Greenland Pier and Savoy Pier at 06:46. This single vessel, with two crew members, marked the start of what would become MBNA Thames Clippers.
Our high-speed catamarans have become a familiar sight on the river Thames in London. The fleet has grown to 19 boats which served 4.2 million passengers in 2018 and MBNA Thames Clippers now employ over 400 staff.
None of this would have been possible without you. To celebrate our milestone birthday and show our appreciation for the last 20 years, we have something big planned: an ENORMOUS 20th anniversary prize giveaway!
On the day of our 20th birthday, Friday 24 May 2019, we’ll be randomly giving out scratch cards on the morning commuter sailings (until stocks last). Will you be a lucky winner? We have 200 prizes waiting to be won thanks to our many partners along the river and across London.
Keep your eyes on our social media channels too for more details.
Happy 20th anniversary to us!
Partners and prizes
Besides the MBNA Thames Clippers tickets, hot drink carnets, hot drinks and exclusive private cruise on our VIP executive launch, Orion Clipper, we have up for grabs; we have a host of other amazing prizes. A big thank you to our partners for providing these and helping us to celebrate our 20th anniversary with you.
- ArcelorMittal Orbit - a family ticket for the Slide and Skyline Views experience
- Archlight Cinema - tickets for a film at Battersea's new cinema destination
- Art Yard Bankside - a meal for two at the Bankside bar and kitchen
- Bankside Gallery - £30 worth of vouchers for Bankside Gallery
- Børealis Restaurant in Borough - free Nordic cocktails and a platter of snitter
- Caravan Bankside - a meal for two at this industrial looking restaurant
- Cinnamon Kitchen - a meal for two to experience renowned chef Vivek Singh’s signature blend of fire and spice in the iconic Battersea Power Station
- Emirates Air Line - tickets for a trip on London's cable car
- Doubletree by Hilton - an afternoon tea experience for two in the DoubleTree Docklands Riverside's recently refurbished Columbia restaurant
- Florence Nightingale Museum - learn more about the lady with the lamp, a female icon in her own lifetime
- Good Hotel - a luxurious stay for two at London's award-winning floating hotel
- Hard Rock Cafe - meals at the original Hard Rock Cafe
- Historic Royal Palaces - a trip to the Tower of London for you and your family
- The Houses of Parliament - tour the mother of all parliaments
- ICON Outlet at The O2 - £100's worth of retail therapy
- InterContinental London - The O2 an afternoon tea experience in the exclusive Meridian Lounge
- Jamboree FoodFest & Bar - Blackfriars - enjoy a meal for two
- KidZania London - family tickets to the indoor city run by kids
- London Transport Museum - tickets to the The Poster Prize for Illustration 2019 exhibition, and general admission to the world's leading museum of urban transport
- Macellaio RC Union Street - a bottle of wine of your choice up to a value of £28
- Megan's - a meal for four and prosecco in a magical setting
- Moyses Stevens - an extravagant bouquet of flowers by the esteemed florist to HRH The Prince of Wales
- Museum of London - discover how animals have shaped the city at the Beasts of London exhibition
- National Army Museum - explore the life and legacy of the iconic designer Abram Games
- Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich - entry to see the Painted Hall which has been nicknamed London's Sistine Chapel
- OXBO Bankside - delicious brunch for two
- Porky's - vouchers to enjoy the taste of Memphis and Southern hospitality
- Royal Museums Greenwich - visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site and gain access to the Royal Observatory and Cutty Sark
- Shakespeare's Globe - a family tour of the iconic theatre
- Somerset House - tickets to one of the Film4 Summer Screen films
- St Paul's Cathedral - entry tickets to Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece
- The Star & Garter - a cheese and wine experience in Putney
- Tate - tickets to the 'Olafur Eliasson: In real life' exhibition at Tate Modern
- The O2 - tickets to Cirque du Soleil's 'Toruk'
- The Real Greek, Bankside - a £50 voucher for The Real Greek
- Tonkotsu - enjoy a meal for four at Tonkotsu Battersea, every bowl of ramen will rock your world
- Up at The O2 - tickets for an exhilarating 90-minute climb over the roof of the world’s most popular entertainment venue
- Vapiano London Bankside - a £50 voucher to spend at Vapiano
- The View from The Shard - soak in the London skyline from western Europe's tallest building with a complimentary glass of champagne
- WakeUp Docklands - learn to wakeboard or paddleboard at London's only cable wake park