Boats, Bridges and Boundaries: Art CruiseEnds 30 Jun 2019 at 11:59 PM
A playful way to discover London’s extraordinary architecture aboard our boats
This June is London Festival of Architecture (LFA), the world’s largest celebration of the built environment. As part of the event, we invite you to design boats and bridges inspired by the river and the Bauhaus movement.
Simply pick up one of our brightly coloured activity packs at London Bridge City Pier containing stickers and playful drawing activities based on the architecture of the river. Get creative whilst out and about on one of our boats!
When you return to London Bridge City Pier, post your creation into an otherworldly Bauhaus Postbox for a chance to win a prize*! The machine will then generate new challenges for you to fulfil in the London Bridge area.
*The prize consists of 1 of 3 BlockHaus sets from Miller Goodman, worth £49.95 each. These sets of beautifully handcrafted modular rubberwood blocks will help you get creative, inspired by the Bauhaus.
Our Boats, Bridges and Boundaries activity pack is included in the price of a regular MBNA Thames Clippers ticket from single to return or River Roamer tickets. Our Family River Roamer allows you to hop on and off across 17 piers for a whole day with your family!
Designed for anyone aged four and above to enjoy, this free family activity has been created in partnership with Team London Bridge for London Festival of Architecture and has been designed by Pencil and Help.
Ready for more architectural inspiration on the river? Why not join one of our guided tours with New London Architecture this month. More details
Click here to see the full terms and conditions
- 1. The promoter is: Collins River Enterprises Limited (trading as “MBNA Thames Clippers”) (company no.0371364) whose registered office is at The O2 Peninsula Square Peninsula Square, London, SE10 0DX, United Kingdom.
- 2. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom except employees of MBNA Thames Clippers and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- 3. Whilst there is no entry fee to enter this competition, the competition is included as part of a London Festival of Architecture – Boats, Bridge and Boundaries activity pack (the “Activity Pack”) provided to passengers who have bought tickets to travel with MBNA Thames Clippers during London Festival of Architecture from 1 June 2019 to 30 June 2019 inclusive.
- 4. One pack per child whilst stocks last.
- 5. MBNA Thames Clippers reserves the right to decline the provision of activity packs for groups whereby there are ten or more non-paying child passengers (i.e. 4 years and under) for every two paying accompanying adults.
- 6. The Promoter will make the Activity Packs available to passengers as hard copy printed packs at London Bridge City Pier only operated by the Promoter during the pier’s usual hours of operation (usually 1000-1800 seven days a week – see www.thamesclippers.com for further information)
- 7. Completed competition entry postcards (the “Competition Postcard”), found within the Activity Pack, (including the full name, address and email address of the entrant) can be submitted by either posting the completed Competition Postcard in the special Postbox at London Bridge City Pier Westbound Waiting Room during the pier’s usual hours of operation from 1 June 2019 to 30 June 2019 inclusive or by sending it to the following Freepost address to arrive no later than 23:59 on 07 July 2019 (the “End Date”) labelled as ”Freepost THAMES CLIPPERS MARKETING”
- 8. The prize is as follows: three (3) Winners shall be entitled to one (1) ‘BlockHaus’ set each designed by Miller Goodman, RRP £49.95.
- 9. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- 10. Entries must be made in the manner set out above in paragraph 7. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries not delivered to it via Royal Mail service.
- 11. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- 12. The Promoter shall randomly select 3 winning entries from all valid entries from the competition: each a “Winner “and together the “Winners”.
- 13. The Winners will be notified by the email address provided to the Promoter by the Winner, no later than 7 (seven) working days after the Competition’s End Date. The Winners acknowledge that fulfilment of the Prizes shall be either by the Promoter or via a third party agency, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- 14. In the event that the Winner fails to respond to the Promoter to confirm his/her acceptance of the relevant prize within 14 (fourteen) working days of notification of being a winner, the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to select an alternative winner from the Competition, which shall be drawn by further random draw.
- 15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 16. Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing the Competition only, unless the entrant has expressly consented otherwise.
- 17. Your personal information will only be used in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy statement and will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent (save as set out above). You will only receive marketing communications from the Promoter if you specifically opt in for such communications on the Competition Postcard.
- 18. A list of the names of the Winners can be provided by the Promoter on written request (including the address to which such list should be sent) to: Head of Marketing, MBNA Thames Clippers, 3rd Floor Clipper House, Trinity Buoy Wharf, London E14 0JY.
- 19. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid by a court of law or similar, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- 20. This Competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- 21. As a Winner, you will release the Promoter and its affiliates, partners and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with the Competition or the use or acceptance of your Prize or any portion thereof save where due to the negligence of the Promoter or its affiliates, partners and employees, to the extent permitted by law.
- 22. The Winners may be required to participate in publicity connected with the Competition and in entering the Competition, all individuals submitting an entry agree to their name and county of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- 23. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- 24. All travel is subject to our Conditions of Carriage