City skyline tours with New London Architecture and MBNA Thames ClippersEnds 22 Jun 2019 at 3:40 PM
NLA is the independent centre for London’s built environment, where professionals, politicians and the public meet, learn and have a voice on the future shape of London, bringing people and ideas together to shape a better city. On Wednesday 12th and Saturday 22nd June, NLA will be providing bespoke guided architectural tours of London’s rapidly changing skyline from the vantage point of the river aboard our vessels.
Starting at London Bridge City Pier, located within one of this year’s LFA Hubs, London Bridge, and home of our Bauhaus-inspired Boats, Bridges and Boundaries activity; the tours will feature expert interpretation of the ever-changing cityscape, showcasing the architecture of either the eastern or western riverside.
Wednesday 12th June – East London
This tour will focus on East London. Starting at London Bridge City Pier at 2:00pm the boat will sail past The Shard and under Tower Bridge before passing through the rapidly changing London Docklands. A guide will be on hand to help you discover more about Canary Wharf and historic Greenwich as well as ongoing developments at Greenwich Peninsula, home of The O2, on your way to the Royal Docks which have played a vital role in the capital’s advancement. The tour will return to London Bridge City Pier by 3:35pm.
Saturday 22nd June – West London
This tour will showcase west London’s architecture. Starting at London Bridge City Pier at 2:10pm, the tour will pass iconic London landmarks, including St Paul’s Cathedral and the Houses of Parliament; as well as more recent additions to the London skyline such as Tate Modern, the brutalist Southbank Centre and the London Eye. Passing evolving developments at Vauxhall and Nine Elms, home of the new US Embassy, you will be able to see the iconic Battersea Power Station before returning to London Bridge City Pier for 3:40pm.
Terms and conditions
- Tickets cost £28 per person and can be booked through NLA's Eventbrite pages:
- Click here to buy tickets for the East London Tour
- Click here to buy tickets for the West London Tour
- Please note London Bridge City Pier is not wheelchair accessible.
- All travel is subject to our Conditions of Carriage
- MBNA Thames Clippers reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend this promotion and/or review and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice.
- Boat tours are subject to cancellation if the minimum number of passengers is not met.
- If a tour cannot go ahead, ticket holders will be informed and fully refunded a week in advance.