Thames Clippers turns 20
Knot your average commute
We are celebrating 20 years of operation and everyone is invited to join in the fun. As London’s leading River Bus service, we will be giving away 200 gifts – worth a total of over £6,000 - to lucky passengers travelling aboard our speedy catamarans on Friday, 24 May.
Passengers should look out for the Thames Clippers Birthday Fairies on board, who will be handing out scratch cards to 2000 lucky passengers for a chance to win one of 200 experiences along the River Thames – between Woolwich and Putney, the full stretch of our service.
Prizes from 40 partners from across London include:
- One hour private river cruise aboard our very own Executive Launch Orion Clipper with complimentary bottle of champagne
- Experiences at The O2 such as tickets to a live performance, entries for Up at The O2 and a £100 gift voucher to spend at ICON Outlet
- A family ticket to the 'Beasts of London' exhibition at Museum of London
- One night stay with breakfast for two at Good Hotel London, in the historic Royal Victoria Docks
- Exciting dining opportunities in Bankside, a riverside destination for food, art and culture
- Family day explorer tickets for Royal Museums Greenwich
- Experiences at Battersea Power Station including meals at Cinnamon Kitchen, Tonkotsu and Megan’s, tickets for Archlight Cinema and a bouquet of flowers from Moyses Stevens worth up to £80
- Two tickets to Olafur Eliasson’s exhibition at Tate Modern, just to name a few
Sean Collins, CEO and co-founder of Thames Clippers says: “I’m excited to celebrate Thames Clippers’ 20th anniversary and showcase how much the business has evolved from when it first started. I couldn’t be more proud to say that from that first day, two decades ago, when we operated with just one vessel, carrying 80 people from Greenland, we now carry 4.2 million passengers annually, and boast a fleet of 19 vessels with an extended network of 22 piers from East to West, plus more in the pipeline.
“This success wouldn’t be possible without the fantastic team we have here at Thames Clippers. And, of course, the passengers, who over the years have trusted us to give them the best commuting and sightseeing experience in London so, on our 20th anniversary, we really want to celebrate with them and give something back to say a big thank you.”
Passengers on board during the morning commute hours on the 24th May could be in with a chance to win one of the incredible raft of 200 prizes. For full details, please visit thamesclippers.com/20years.