Discover the Plimsoll Line
Save 20% off season tickets this month on board MBNA Thames Clippers!
It’s your commute, but different.
A coffee and a fresh appreciation for London. A seat with a view and space to think. Arriving in better shape than you started.
Like we say, different.
Our fleet of high speed catamarans serve 22 piers across London, including London Bridge City, Canary Wharf, London Eye and Woolwich. Relax in the comfortable, climate controlled cabins or on the outside back deck, pick up a free newspaper and enjoy a coffee (or something stronger)from the licensed on-board bar. Services depart every 20 minutes from our key piers and run from 5am to midnight.
How to save 20%*:
Via our free app
- Download MBNA Thames Clippers free app, visit this link on your phone
- Email [email protected] using the same email address that signed up to the app, quoting 'Plimsoll Line' and indicating whether you wish to purchase a weekly or monthly ticket
- MBNA Thames Clippers will add the Plimsoll Line fare to your app so you can enjoy 20% off. Please allow up to 2 working days for this to be processed.
At ticket offices at London Bridge City or Canary Wharf pier
- Download and complete this Plimsoll Line season ticket form
- Bring the form and a passport photo to Canary Wharf Pier: 0640 – 1915 or London Bridge City Pier 0915 – 1900
- Quote “Plimsoll Line”
- Receive your season ticket, valid from day of issue
Discounted Price Monthly Central £113.40Now £90.70 Monthly Central and East £124.65Now £99.70 Monthly East £74.95Now £59.95 Weekly Central £37.80Now £30.25 Weekly Central and East £43.15Now £34.50 Weekly East £25.95Now £20.75
*Terms and Conditions
- Offer starts 29th January 2018. Ticket must be purchased before 4th March 2018
- The closing date of the promotion was extended on 23 February 2018 by MBNA Thames Clippers
- Valid for new season ticket holders only
- 20% discount is on Adult fares only
- Valid on East Zone, Central Zone and Central & East Zone weekly/monthly season tickets only
- 1 season ticket purchase with 20% discount (either weekly or monthly) available per customer
- Ticket must be purchased at ticket offices (London Bridge City Pier and Canary Wharf Pier only, during manned hours)or via the MBNA Thames Clippers app
- A season ticket purchased at the ticket office or the app is valid from the day of purchase for the length of time specified (week or month)
- Not valid in conjunction with any other discount
- All travel is subject to our Conditions of Carriage
- MBNA Thames Clippers reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend this promotion and/or review and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of England and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
Why the Plimsoll Line?
So, what is a Plimsoll Line? It’s a reference mark that’s painted on a boat’s hull. It’s there to indicate the maximum depth that the vessel can be immersed when loaded with cargo. Invented by Samuel Plimsoll in the 1870s, the name was then adopted for a new type of rubber soled footwear, ‘plimsolls’, some say because of their resemblance to a boat’s Plimsoll Line (where the rubber meets canvas). So now you know!